Today is the day… the day that I write a blog post (and actually publish it). I have half-written a few over the past few weeks and never cared the complete them. I actually don’t really care to be writing this one either, but alas. I am going to do it.
It is 10:49pm on Thanksgiving Day 2015. What better way to celebrate than to make a list of things I am thankful for! (Typical.)
- Creativity. Though some people claim not to have any, it exists deep inside all of us. Sure,it manifests in different ways and in different amounts, but it’s there.
- Family. It’s weird. We’re almost obligated to say that we’re thankful for family (I truly am), but it’s sometimes hard to understand why. There’s a certain level of comfort with family that just isn’t found anywhere else. Though I may feel more comfortable talking about some things with friends, I know that my family won’t care if I look like a hot mess, if I say something really weird, etc. It’s just the feeling of being home.
- Sweets. Need I say more?
- Free will. This one has actually been at the top of my “thankfulness list” as we’ve approached Thanksgiving. The fact that we are free to choose, free to be ourselves, free to love, free to… do anything we want, essentially, is something to be thankful for. And something we should use for good!
- Friends. Another classic one, but I have to say it! It’s so fun to have friends of so many different “types.” Older friends, younger friends, super duper outgoing friends, super shy introverted friends, working friends, engaged friends, student friends. It’s the best. But even better than those labels is the fact that everyone I know is so unique. I find that different parts of myself are brought out with different friends, and that’s so beautiful!
- Music. Duh. It creates a soundtrack to life. (Recently had one of these “Jacqueline moments” when I play the same song on repeat for like an hour… Slowly becoming a Belieber. #noshame)
- Nostalgia. Looking at our wall of pictures at home induced this today. It can be good and bad (for those of you who have seen Inside Out, you know what I mean when I say that the best memories are those that are both happy and sad.)
- Mornings. Long story short, I’m a morning person. Why am I even still awake?
- Dreams. This kind of was brought about when I thought about mornings… and then sleep. I just love the joy they can bring. Sometimes they’re freaky as heck, sometimes they wake me up in tears, but the good ones balance out the bad ones 🙂
- Warm water. Drinking it (yes, apparently I’m weird.) Warm showers. Swimming. Hot tubs. Ahhhhhh.
That’s all, folks! Short, sweet, and to the point. I’d think of more, but I like things in packages of 10 and, to be honest, I don’t really want to do 10 more because I want to go to bed. Thankful for you!